It’s time for the weekly Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting the meme. Here are my Top Ten Books I could read in a day…
- The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan. I read it in less than 2 hours one afternoon. And, oh, how this story tugged at my very soul. See review here:
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. “One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” Who can’t want to read such insights in the guise of a children’s book. This is one I frequently re-read.
- Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan. An eye opener to the complacent Christian. Are we really loving God by living by a checklist–went to church (check), don’t curse (check), pray (check-most of the time)? This book gives you insight into what it really means to have a personal relationship with God.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. THE love story of love stories. I can’t help but cry every time I read this one. It holds a special place in my heart.
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Fell in love with this love story immediately. This book sold me with the cover. The circus, an elephant, it was graceful and beautiful. And touching. I can’t not read it in one sitting.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Yep, I did it–read it in one sitting! I couldn’t put it down once I started.
- PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. Because we all have loved and lost. This book makes it ok to hurt, to grieve, but also to move on. And it can be read in one sitting.
- The Green Mile by Stephen King. I actually purchased the episodic books all at once and read them in one sitting. I have also, since, purchased the full novel. And somehow I can ALWAYS read the series of smaller books more quickly than I can the larger novel. Not sure why, since it is the exact same story.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell. Gladwell’s books are almost all easily readable in a day. I chose this one because I think it is the one I learned the most from. Very intriguing read.
- Any of the Harry Potter novels. I read each of them in one day, because I could not put them down until I had completed them!
Thanks for reading my list.
Please leave a comment and make sure to check out The Broke and Bookish, where this weekly meme is hosted!